Author Topic: bit better  (Read 127 times)

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
bit better
« on: July 13, 2019, 11:52:33 AM »
Fished in the northern back bay this morning and found a couple fish.   1-2, 1-6 and a 3-13 Bass.   Surprise catch was a decent crappie that hit a micro spinner.   

Offline fyryaker

• Paid Member
Re: bit better
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 04:16:35 PM »
Was nice meeting you on the water this morning. After our conversation I did go back into that lil cove and caught a 2.2 Bass to end the day. Ended up with 10 Bass total and that 2.2 was the biggest. Glad I tried that cove one more time before heading home. Top water Whooper and frog were very good early with wacky worm and Senko later.

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »
Nice to meet you as well.    That area can be really hit n miss and you seemed to have found the "hit".     I had one on that was very similar to the 3-13, but lost him.   If my finger didn't need attention, I would have stayed a bit longer.  Still can't get that piece of dorsal fin out.  Gonna soak for a while, then excavate.   Doused in antiseptic and bleach though.     

Offline fyryaker

• Paid Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 06:07:37 AM »
Hit Blackwater River at sunrise yesterday. The bite was good early with most on the Whooper. When they missed the Whooper (or I missed them) I followed up with a Senko and it's very effective. Ended up with 6 Bass with only a 1.5, 1.3, and 4 just over Dink classification. I made the mistake of wanting to try a new area that was almost to the North Landing. By the time I reached it the sun was way up and the temps. were blazing hot. I really struggled making the paddle back to the ramp. Learned a lesson for sure.

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 07:33:15 AM »
Two last creeks on the right (going toward North Landing) and the last one on the left (Straight Creek) can be good, but a long trip.

I tried Back Bay from Horn point.  Two dinks on Pop Shad Z before the heat became unbearable. 

Offline fyryaker

• Paid Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 08:20:51 AM »
Yeah, I made it to Straight Creek but didn't get to the 'straight' part. Turned around after hitting a few places. The heat was really getting to me. I did see the other two creeks on the right, in fact, some boats were heading up into there. How wide is the 'straight' part of the creek. it doesn't look too wide on google maps. Want to try there again when the temps get lower. Oh, also wanted to ask: I had numerous swipes at the Whooper that I suspect were Gar. They were really loaded up in some places. If they were Bass and not Gar I had quite a few 'misses'.
Hey, anytime you want to hook-up on a fishing trip give me a shout. I can go anytime on week-ends, and after 9a.m. til dark on week days.

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 09:01:46 AM »
the "straight" part is decent width, maybe 15 - 20 feet.  They can stack up in there.   An interesting trip during cooler weather is to launch old Pungo Ferry bridge launch, head south and turn right into the creek that leads to the "straight" part.   

Usually see the gar snout when they strike topwater.  Lots of small white perch will take a swipe as well and usually, only the bigger ones will get hooked.

Will let ya know about linking up.

Cheers,

* Recent Posts

Re: Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by splatter96
[Yesterday at 07:45:25 PM]

Re: Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by neofite
[Yesterday at 05:28:31 PM]

Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by splatter96
[Yesterday at 10:35:10 AM]

Re: Two fer by splatter96
[Yesterday at 10:33:50 AM]

Re: Wilderness systems thresher 140. 800$ by harmonja12
[Yesterday at 09:06:21 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.