Author Topic: almost seal food  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Fish Ninja

• Mike Manning
almost seal food
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:07:42 AM »
i was kayak fishing for kelp bass in an inlet in san diego yesterday. they have bait barges here which have big tanks on barges that hold live sardines for boaters to come by and get live bait. i pulled up beside the barge and hooked my seat to it so i wouldnt get rushed away by the tide, some idiot coming to get bait flies by me going about 20, 10 feet away from me. my kayak got caught under the barge and the wake pushed the other side up until i was completly sideways, the only thing that stopped me from tipping over was my elbow being slammed into the barge to stop myself. there was also giant seals all around me screaming at the females and swimming under my kayak, probably just curious, but still intimidating being about 7 feet long and probably 300 lbs each. is it really that hard to miss a guy in a giant hat sitting in a yellow kayak with 3 8 foot rods. some people are just stupid, wasnt the only time that day that i got messed up by boaters hauling a$$ 15 feet away from me. just thoght id vent a little bit, plus the lizard fish stole all my ghost shrimp so i only caught 1 bass that was under sized.
Instagram name fishninja757

Offline Oceanyak

• Trident at Crab Creek
Re: almost seal food
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:23:38 PM »
That's pretty wild story fishcrazy. Getting slammed into a barge and having huge seals swimming around you at the same time. Wow. Sounds like the jaws of the west coast. Good luck out there, hope you get some fish next time.
Tom
Ocean Prowler Trident Angler 13 - Sand, Shenandoah River Outfitter Whitewater 15
Member - TKAA, YAKFINATIC, Bonefishflat.com

Offline Fish Ninja

• Mike Manning
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:10:52 PM »
haha, thanks, im not too good at fishin on the west coast, cant wait to get back there n slay em like i used to.
Instagram name fishninja757

Offline Anasikawin

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 05:02:25 AM »
I do not want to believe that I have seen this article.

* Recent Posts

Favorite by neofite
[Yesterday at 09:20:07 PM]

Potential World Record 53-Pound Red Drum on a Fly Rod by Frankie J
[Yesterday at 09:19:05 PM]

Re: Island time we back by splatter96
[Yesterday at 09:12:42 PM]

Re: Island time we back by Dale
[Yesterday at 09:08:27 PM]

Re: Cape Charles VA by Dale
[Yesterday at 08:56:05 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.