Author Topic: Quality vice Quantity  (Read 235 times)

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
Quality vice Quantity
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »
As compared to the last few days, this evening produced a few good bass and far fewer dinks or small pan fish.  The River gauge rose a foot and that seemed to change everything.  Feeder creeks were void of bites and all the action was out in the main creek.  Scored a couple nice White Perch for tacos and a couple bass that bent the rod.  3-11 Bass hit a strike king Mini spinner bait, and a 3-13 slammed the Whopper Plopper just after dark.   Nice to have the drag scream on the bass for a change.

Offline GlendaKD

• Paid Member
  • Team Pink Fishing Pro Staff
Re: Quality vice Quantity
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 09:23:42 PM »
What brand vacuum sealer do you Use?

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
Re: Quality vice Quantity
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:35:20 PM »
Glenda, I only use a vacuum sealer (Foodsaver 3200 series) for my Bull Drum bait (Mullet, spot, bunker).   All my pan fish catches are cooked within 24 - 48 hours.   Soon, I will be chasing Striper on the HRBT and they to will be cooked fresh, never frozen.    I do put the fillets in Zip Locks and (by mouth) suck out as much air as possible while I heat up the oil!.  Probably not necessary as I cook them as soon after catching.

Research and word of mouth has indicated;  best bet is to freeze in water, i.e. a zip lock full of water and the fillet, extract as much air as possible and freeze the fillet encapsulated in the water.  Never tried it, but hear that is the ticket for long term storage.

BTW, just tried my first fish fry with my new Electric Fryer:  I hereby kick myself for not getting one years ago.  The absolute bomb!

* Recent Posts

Re: Gobble Gobble by GlendaKD
[Today at 01:44:25 AM]

Re: Gobble Gobble by Frankie J
[Yesterday at 11:54:25 PM]

Re: Rudee 11/24 - Leftovers... by Hash78
[Yesterday at 11:41:08 PM]

Rudee 11/24 - Leftovers... by ARACHNIDS
[Yesterday at 07:43:20 PM]

Re: Gobble Gobble by neofite
[Yesterday at 06:41:45 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?