Author Topic: Line help pretty please  (Read 637 times)

Offline GlendaKD

• Paid Member
  • BIC SUP Ambassador -Team Pink Fishing Pro Staff
Line help pretty please
« on: January 26, 2018, 08:43:29 PM »
So I have some 8 lb test Yozuri fluoro line I was
planning on using for my ultralight spinning reels. Is fluoro okay for spinning reels or would use braid with a fluoro leader or monofilament line?? I just don't want to waste line or take line off just to put the same thing on there.
Does fluoro line work on spinning reels? Sorry if I sound ignorant but I do not have a lot of line experience yet.
Thank you!

Offline neofite

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
Re: Line help pretty please
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:18:25 PM »
Can't help ya on this one.   I only use braid.  20lb for most and 10 lb for my ultralite set ups. 

Offline GlendaKD

• Paid Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 09:53:24 PM »
Do you use leaders? Your method and set up ar definitely working!

Offline neofite

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
I only use a leader when fishing for Salt water Stripers, Flounder, Pups, specks and bluefish.   For the fresh water, straight braid to lure. 

Offline GlendaKD

• Paid Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 03:16:00 AM »
So I did some online research and found out that for live bait mono and braid are preferred because they float and you can see your line on the water. I have never used mono and do not have confidence in it because they say it is stretchy and cheap. So I will use braid. Thanks for you help Ron.

Offline splatter96

• Topwatertee
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 10:11:04 AM »
Hello Glenda i can help with that I use spinning reels only to fish and I will use 12lb braid for the casting distance and tie xps flourocarbon liter like 20 yards worth for the invisibility and stretch awesome setup. Bond the liter together with a uni knot.
Topwatertee

Offline GlendaKD

• Paid Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 04:50:59 AM »
Thanks Splatter. Hubby tied me new leaders so I should be good to go. He prefers the FG knot and it has never failed us. Also, he has this UV lite thing he uses to seal or bond the two lines once he's done. I have used fluro line on my bait casters and it doesn't reel up nice and neat like braid so I don't know how it will act on a spinning reel. I'm heading out tomorrow morning for one last crack at a January bass......

Offline GlendaKD

• Paid Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 11:47:37 AM »
Skunkity skunk skunk for me this morning. Went bank fishing after my mid nite shift and noticed 5 dead fish. 3 were bass and 2 crappie. Didn't even know that lake had crappie. I guess the colder temps are taking its toll? But did find a cool crankbait. Looks like a kvd 2.5 that I can touch up and put new hooks on. So second time to this year without a fish. It was 43 degrees again today but the rain really made me feel much colder than Friday. Will be very cold overnite but may try again tomorrow. keep showing those pretty bass!

Offline StuttsCreek

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 04:35:01 PM »
I've read that fluorocarbon is stiffer than mono and has issues with spinning reels that it tends to "poof" off of the spool because of how it lays on the reel. Like Ron I use leaders and top shots in salt and tend to tie off straight in fresh. Mono has it's place too. "Stretchy" has it's uses.
Go Monarchs !!!!!!

Offline IgotWood

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »
No issue with flouro on a spinning reel. I typically use braid with a flouro leader, but nothing wrong with straight flouro.

And since knots were also mentioned, I like to use the Alberto knot. It is slim and smooth, quick and easy to tie, and it has never failed on me.

Offline GlendaKD

• Paid Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 03:44:48 AM »
thanks for your help. Now I just want this weather to stabilize....

* Recent Posts

Re: Effort by neofite
[Today at 03:30:31 PM]

Re: Effort by Bill Hutt
[Today at 02:04:13 PM]

Effort by neofite
[Today at 01:42:27 PM]

Re: Bucket mouths by neofite
[Today at 01:37:22 PM]

Re: 2018 Returning Sponsors! by AmyAngel
[Today at 11:31:22 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.