Author Topic: Really good trip  (Read 429 times)

Offline neofite

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
Really good trip
« on: January 26, 2018, 09:22:49 PM »
Fished Upper North Landing from 3:30 - 5:30.   First hour I was finding a bunch of dinks that entertained for a while.  Ended up with 14 Bass:  9 dinks, 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and a 2-6 all on XTS.   

As I started to get cold after the sun went below the tree line, headed back to launch, but saw an enticing swirl in the culvert.  Made about six or eight passes trying to find a striper as I know they hang out in there.   As I started to get really cold (37 degrees), told myself, "one more pass" and on that one, caught a real nice one at 20 inches to round out the evening.   

Best trip of 2018 so far. 

Offline Rusty

Re: Really good trip
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 10:10:02 AM »
Kicking myself for not rolling with you. Nice job on that eater! Hopefully today will produce.
Adventure Island X 2

Offline splatter96

• Topwatertee
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:13:08 AM »
How you abandon neo rusty he had to catch all the fish by himself smh lol don't worry neo I'm coming back to fish with ya soon. And rusty look forward to hitn spots with you too sir I want a rematch at snake creek and that one place we went and backbay
Topwatertee

Offline splatter96

• Topwatertee
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »
And awesome catch neo as always rusty get on that water sir I wanna see some monster bowfin or something your a great fishermen
Topwatertee

Offline FlyingAnchor

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 02:55:10 PM »
Nice! Where do you launch for North Landing?

Offline neofite

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 09:18:00 AM »
Nice! Where do you launch for North Landing?

There are far too many to list.  From Indian River Rd (upper West Neck) all the way south to Munden Point Park.   Blackwater Trading post, Pocaty Bridge, Milldam Creek bridge, etc..

For Upper North Landing, there is a house on the north side of North Landing (last one before the draw bridge).  Signs are posted.  $5.00 fee and daylight hours only.   Upper North landing is heavy on structure, bowfin and Gar between North Landing Rd and Indian River Rd.  Sometimes have to hide behind trees due to small arms target practice!

Offline Rusty

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 10:34:46 AM »
How you abandon neo rusty he had to catch all the fish by himself smh lol don't worry neo I'm coming back to fish with ya soon. And rusty look forward to hitn spots with you too sir I want a rematch at snake creek and that one place we went and backbay

Thanks Splatter, but you'll have to count me out unless you want to chase Reds down in Texas. It was great fishing with you and I'll see you on YouTube.
Adventure Island X 2

* Recent Posts

Re: Effort by neofite
[Today at 03:30:31 PM]

Re: Effort by Bill Hutt
[Today at 02:04:13 PM]

Effort by neofite
[Today at 01:42:27 PM]

Re: Bucket mouths by neofite
[Today at 01:37:22 PM]

Re: 2018 Returning Sponsors! by AmyAngel
[Today at 11:31:22 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.