Author Topic: Ferry plantation house ramp?  (Read 455 times)

Offline JamminJoeyB

Ferry plantation house ramp?
« on: February 05, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »
So Iím playing with google maps and noticed a ramp near the ferry plantation house. Anyone know anything about this ramp?

Re: Ferry plantation house ramp?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:38:41 AM »
I checked this place out last summer. It is a private launch for residents. You could try your hand at parking in the Ferry Plantation House and launching but I never did.
Caleb
Ocean Kayak Prowler BGII
   -High Capacity Drifter
   -Slow and Steady
   -Nowhere Fast

Offline JamminJoeyB

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 09:13:11 PM »
Mainly looking to try different areas and this looked interesting.  I figure this would be about an hour paddle to get to this area from crab creek.  Not sure what youíll find, but itís always an adventure.

Offline Off_The_Hook

• Paid Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:02:25 AM »
Haha I have been addicted to Google Earth in the few months I've owned my kayak. I've been by there once to scout it out (never launched). It is gated and locked so no trailers. Looks like a good spot to launch in Lynnhaven. I've never fished in that area. While it does say private property so of coarse do it at your own risk, but I have found a few other launches in Lynnhaven that are "private" too that I normally use depending on where I want to fish. I have found that most people will leave you alone if you are being respectful and don't pay much mind to a kayaker launching. I also don't linger around when launching, But I have also been mostly night launching so take that with a grain of salt.
If I use that spot I would park on the street and not in the Ferry House parking lot.

**Side note there is a city launch a little farther down thalia creek.
Todd

PA 14

* Recent Posts

Re: Effort by neofite
[Today at 03:30:31 PM]

Re: Effort by Bill Hutt
[Today at 02:04:13 PM]

Effort by neofite
[Today at 01:42:27 PM]

Re: Bucket mouths by neofite
[Today at 01:37:22 PM]

Re: 2018 Returning Sponsors! by AmyAngel
[Today at 11:31:22 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.