Author Topic: New member in Gloucester,Va.  (Read 524 times)

Offline mtnhick

• Paid Member
  • Where ever you go, well there you are.
New member in Gloucester,Va.
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
Hello All, I'm new to this site but have been fishing from a Kayak for a while. I have a wilderness systems patriot that I keep at my brothers in Pennsylvania. I've fished out of this for a long time and found that I couldn't fish for more than 3-4 hrs and I had to get out of it. Then I bought a 15 ft jon boat and used this for fishing out of and sent my patriot to my brother's, I use it when I'm up there fishing. Last spring I bought a Vibe Seaghost 130 and it's an upgrade from the patriot, better seating system, it has side rails mounts and other nice things on it. I mainly fish fresh water, Bass and some crappie and I fish Beaverdam mostly, I'm wanting to go to Chickahominy this spring and maybe do some night fishing there this summer, I think the top water would be great at night there. I have the Vibe rigged out with a trolling motor, some home made outriggers, it feels a little tippy to me, I'm not used to the sit on top kayaks, the out riggers are easy to remove and I'll probably remove them once I get used to the boat. I have a hook 5 for a fish finder, and I just got one of the plano v crates that I really like. Please let me know if anyone on here wants to get together and hit Beaverdam, I'm always looking for someone to fish with. Anyways that's me. Talk at you All later.

Offline backlash82

Re: New member in Gloucester,Va.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »
Welcome! There's some really good saltwater fishing in the Gloucester area. I go down there several times a year to fish the Mobjack.

Offline Rc109a

• Administrator
  • Do stupid things, win stupid prizes...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:54:56 PM »
I live here in Gloucester.  Fish it all the time.  Probably hitting beaverdam this week.
TKAA Membership

Offline manganos

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »
I have a family place on Sarah's Creek in Gloucester Point that I visit a few weekends a month :)

Offline StuttsCreek

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »
Welcome to the Club ;D
Go Monarchs !!!!!!

Offline Gatman

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 12:28:46 AM »
Hi and welcome! Sounds like you have a pretty decked out kayak!
Qapla'!
Hobie PA 12' | 2x Hobie OutBack | Hobie Island Adventure |Ocean Kayak Malibu 2XL |Clear Blue Hawaii Hanauma II

* Recent Posts

Re: 2018 Returning Sponsors! by AmyAngel
[Today at 07:22:12 AM]

Re: Lynnhaven 9/20 by AmyAngel
[Today at 07:16:12 AM]

Re: Lynnhaven 9/20 by neofite
[Today at 07:12:59 AM]

Re: Shad are active by neofite
[Today at 07:10:13 AM]

Lynnhaven 9/20 by justaguppy
[Today at 06:15:22 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.