Author Topic: Boondox Landing Gear question  (Read 673 times)

Offline Lastsaint21

Boondox Landing Gear question
« on: March 27, 2018, 12:25:50 PM »
When i have came back from fishing, both times I got frustrated having to get the scupper cart in the kayak..I unloaded it completely and rolled it on its side one time and I could hear the kayak scrapping on the boat ramp..Then i had to load all the stuff back up..The next time i didn't want to do that so i tried to dunk the wheels under the kayak and get them in the scupper holes, which i managed to get in but i was soaked.

I have been looking at the Boondox set up and it looks nice but pricey..which i dont mind if it good stuff and will last. I was in WRO, (super good group of people in there) they showed me some choices..The normal small black tires, the balloon gray tires, then they also showed a special edition version that has the CTug SandTrax..I researched last night and some say the gray balloon tires on the boondox can be hard to put in on the water because of buoyancy. The small black tires won't work in sand. How do you all feel about the Sandtrax version? Thinks it worth a shot?

Offline yakfish757

Re: Boondox Landing Gear question
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »
I love Boonedox!  It makes life so much easier.  The cheapest way to get them is from Austin Kayak when you get a 15% off coupon through their monthly email.  I think the current one is only 10% off.  Then again, I like to support local businesses too.

I heard the new Boonedox legs can accommodate both the black tires and the wheeleez tires.  If you try the Ctugs, just make sure you get the legs that can accommodate the other tires, in case you don't like them.  You could probably sell the Ctugs tires online, so your $ loss would be minimal if they don't work and you have to get different tires.

Jay 

Offline Lastsaint21

Re: Boondox Landing Gear question
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 04:02:44 PM »
I think I am going to try the boonedox with the SandTraxs...Thank You!!

* Recent Posts

Re: Striper recommendation by IgotWood
[Today at 04:53:33 AM]

Re: awesome evening by splatter96
[Today at 04:27:30 AM]

Re: awesome evening by GlendaKD
[Yesterday at 10:00:56 PM]

awesome evening by neofite
[Yesterday at 08:25:58 PM]

Re: Howlin Wind by Off_The_Hook
[Yesterday at 10:52:15 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.