Author Topic: Lonely  (Read 639 times)

Offline neofite

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
Lonely
« on: May 13, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
Rudee was empty this morning.   Two cars in the non trailer parking and I saw two boats.  Oddly, I think it was "wake authorized day" in Rudee as the few boats were speeding about and making some decent wakes.   

Trolled for Blues.   5 hours, 10 miles and two 19 inchers.   Tried for flounder and pups out front, not a tap.   Water was a bit clearer.   Had a real big one on for a few seconds, but he spit the Mirro Lure out.  At least provided a moment of excitement in an otherwise slow day. 

Offline yakfish757

Re: Lonely
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 07:09:06 PM »
Thanks for the report!!

I haven't seen many reports in the last week.  I'm guessing it's slow for everyone, except the guys catching big drum on the eastern shore.  I saw Rob Choi got a chopper Sat night on Instagram. 

Last time I was out (May 3rd), boaters were killing the blues with bobbers and cut bait.  My buddy caught a small blue last week that got bit in half by a chopper before he landed it.  I wonder if you trolled a cut bait filet on a jig head if that would work.

I would be out there, but I'm still on lockdown with a new puppy so I'm living vicariously thru TKAA...😀

Tight lines!!
Jay

Offline Lastsaint21

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 07:47:47 PM »
I fished from 12:30 till 6pm. I mainly trolled. I did catch one flounder that was just shy of a keeper. I was marking bait every where but I couldn’t find anything big at all that would bite a lure. Above the aquarium, I believe it was the same fish, was decent size, 20 couple inches, kept jumping and jumping all around my kayak, it looked like a trout. I kept throwing everything I had at it hoping I would get what was chasing him but after a while it dawned on me. I think he was eating something, he was the one doing the chasing. I did see those little crabs galore swimming everywhere. I even saw one catching a ride on a stick. I also saw three deer, standing knee deep in Rudee up by the zip lines. Was pretty cool and made the trip as far as I was concerned.

Offline FINNUP

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 03:04:42 PM »
Dead low 1220am
Ride 135

Offline rockfsh

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
I fished from 12:30 till 6pm. I mainly trolled. I did catch one flounder that was just shy of a keeper. I was marking bait every where but I couldn’t find anything big at all that would bite a lure. Above the aquarium, I believe it was the same fish, was decent size, 20 couple inches, kept jumping and jumping all around my kayak, it looked like a trout. I kept throwing everything I had at it hoping I would get what was chasing him but after a while it dawned on me. I think he was eating something, he was the one doing the chasing. I did see those little crabs galore swimming everywhere. I even saw one catching a ride on a stick. I also saw three deer, standing knee deep in Rudee up by the zip lines. Was pretty cool and made the trip as far as I was concerned.

could be mullet

Offline ComeOnFish

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 08:58:54 AM »
Thanks for the reports guys.
I thought I am missing a lot while out of town.  I guess it's time to move on.

Joe
My Kayaks get 18MPG

* Recent Posts

Rudee by neofite
[Today at 01:34:37 PM]

Re: Lynnhaven 5/26 - PB 35"Chopper + 29"Red by Flatwater
[Yesterday at 06:21:22 PM]

Re: Lynnhaven 5/26 - PB 35"Chopper + 29"Red by Jman
[Yesterday at 04:03:23 PM]

All the small things by neofite
[Yesterday at 03:02:21 PM]

Re: Lynnhaven 5/26 - PB 35"Chopper + 29"Red by neofite
[Yesterday at 03:00:29 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.