Author Topic: rudee  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Dale3joe

rudee
« on: June 10, 2018, 07:43:36 AM »
tryed rudee yesterday and caught 5 short flounders and couple croakers. Alot of crabs eating the gulp up. Very slow day. I guess the boaters cant read the no wake signs. The charter boats are the worst. 

Offline neofite

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
Re: rudee
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:14:28 AM »
 I don't so much mind "wakes" when I am fishing in an area where they are "allowed".  But in the No Wake Zones, it really chaps my ass.   It is more than a curtosy issue, it is a safety issue.

Was launching at Blackwater Trading Post.  Had the kayak 3/4 in the water at the ramp and had just about finished loading when a jet ski came screaming by in a "no Wake Zone".  I had to grab and lift the stern of the kayak and hold on tight as the wake waves splashe up over my ankles.  If I had been parking, kayak would have been washed out and possibly damaged.

Amazes me the speed at which some people will travle through congested areas where others are recreating.

From a Blog I follow:

"Seems a local group of recreational boaters and fishermen has filed a petition to lift ALL "no wake" signs from the Pungo Ferry area. That's the word from Sgt. B. K. Ricardo, who supervises the Virginia Beach Police Marine Patrol."

The ramp there is great and a good launch and provides access to a variety of good fishing holes.  But I won't go ner there on a summer weekend. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:17:02 AM by neofite »

Offline GlendaKD

• Paid Member
  • BIC SUP Ambassador -Team Pink Fishing Pro Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 11:03:09 PM »
I met a VDGIF lady, Bonnie, last week and she told us a Tracker or John boat was submerged the week before by a speed boat in NWR. It guess its wake just hit the John boat just right and the boat ended under water.
Ppl really are jerks out there. A while back, 3 of us were kayaking NWR and as a boat was slowing to go by us he made the comment 'kayakers think they can go anywhere'.

Offline neofite

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:16:25 AM »
Glenda.  Sounds like the boater was jealous. 

Offline CaptCaveman

• Bad day fishing is better then a good day at work
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 05:22:44 PM »
Was out there Sunday sun up til 10 - 11 ish saw a lot of bait fish jumping. Seen quite a few fellow yakers out there caught two under size flounder one croaker and one blow toad also a half a dozen small crab or so. using minnows and squid. Oh! and scored some free tackle with about 15 -20 feet of 50lb test. The wake breakers didn't bother me so much and Kayak pretty much can go anywhere. I have heard of people hitting the deep sea, carrying the kayak out on another boat but That is definitely not for me.
A little fishing goes a long way ;P 2009 WS RIDE 135

* Recent Posts

Re: 2018 Returning Sponsors! by AmyAngel
[Today at 07:22:12 AM]

Re: Lynnhaven 9/20 by AmyAngel
[Today at 07:16:12 AM]

Re: Lynnhaven 9/20 by neofite
[Today at 07:12:59 AM]

Re: Shad are active by neofite
[Today at 07:10:13 AM]

Lynnhaven 9/20 by justaguppy
[Today at 06:15:22 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.