Author Topic: Colorado Trout  (Read 248 times)

Offline Frankie J

• Paid Member
Colorado Trout
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:50:32 PM »
Threw some flies in the South Platte River today.
Frank James

I've managed to convince my wife that somewhere in the Bible it says, 'Man cannot have too many shotguns and fishing poles.' - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Frankie J

• Paid Member
Re: Colorado Trout
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:54:41 PM »
Trout were stacking up in the warm pools...
Frank James

I've managed to convince my wife that somewhere in the Bible it says, 'Man cannot have too many shotguns and fishing poles.' - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline IgotWood

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
Very cool! Canít get over how clear that water is! I grew up fishing a small stream on Long Island full of brook trout. October was prime time for the spawn. They would stack up on a crystal clear water just like in your photo. Many times there would be 100 fish there. Couldnít buy a bite on anything. But drift a head through them, and BAM!

Nice trip! Colorado is on my bucket list for sure!

Offline Frankie J

• Paid Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:12:19 PM »
Canít get over how clear that water is! I grew up fishing a small stream on Long Island full of brook trout. October was prime time for the spawn. They would stack up on a crystal clear water just like in your photo. Many times there would be 100 fish there. Couldnít buy a bite on anything. But drift a head through them, and BAM!

An Pink egg, small Stonefly with the smallest Rainbow warrior drifting thru them with a smallest indicator was all that was needed. The slightest bump and set your hook. Great fun!

This year I fished the Decker a few times in the South Platte River outside of Sedalia, Colorado. Wow! Beautiful scenery and decent size bows, cuts and browns. Caught my first hybrid there too!
Frank James

* Recent Posts

What is going on? by neofite
[Yesterday at 09:55:52 PM]

Re: Fresh Water Fishing Tournament April 27 by sb220
[December 12, 2018, 08:54:00 PM]

Re: Fresh Water Fishing Tournament April 27 by neofite
[December 11, 2018, 10:15:28 PM]

Fresh Water Fishing Tournament April 27 by Rc109a
[December 11, 2018, 02:02:08 PM]

Fishing CBBT alone for togs. Dec 5, 2018 for tog by ComeOnFish
[December 10, 2018, 11:14:00 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.