Author Topic: Elizabeth River Eastern Branch meetup?  (Read 300 times)

Offline ORF Pete

Elizabeth River Eastern Branch meetup?
« on: November 01, 2018, 07:47:27 PM »
Iíve got tidal creek that comes right up to my backyard. Been using an aluminum ladder to help me launch without help. Thereís also an old public kayak/canoe launch behind Poplar Halls elementary school. Both launches donít have enough water 2hours before or after low tide, so that leaves 16 hours out of 24 with enough water to launch. Although the public launch may be doable at low tide because itís been dredged a bit, getting out of the creek itís in to open water may be sketchy.

Iíll try to get a pic of the public launch, but attached is a pic of my backyard launch. I can probably let a few people use it, though they might have to sign a two sentence basic waiver so I can cover my rear.

Offline cholbach

Re: Elizabeth River Eastern Branch meetup?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:42:08 PM »
Awesome offer! Would love to take you up on it if I can ever find free time. The GB Lochs end of the ER is good, but a lot of work to find keepers.

Offline ORF Pete

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:25:06 PM »
Awesome offer! Would love to take you up on it if I can ever find free time. The GB Lochs end of the ER is good, but a lot of work to find keepers.

It can be slow over here too, but overall Iíve had mostly good nights. Let me know when youíve got time. I may update the first post with my fishing days/times. Also gotta account for low tide.

Offline fyryaker

• Paid Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »
Hey! Have you ever used or heard of the Grandy Village Kayak and Canoe launch down off Kimball Terrace? Behind a school I think. I think it was also one of those handicap launch systems. I remember seeing it when I was with Norfolk Fire/Rescue but never got to take a closer look. Not too sure it would be a 'safe' launch area at night even if there was access to it. Just saying! I'd kayak with you guys if we have a good launch place. I'm 66 yrs. old now and don't need to be falling down and breaking a hip! lol!

Offline ORF Pete

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »
Grandy Village is open weekdays during daylight hours only I believe. Thereís gates they lock up at night and weekends with no trespassing signs. Iíve heard itís a nice launch spot, though the neighborhood around it isnít the best.

Offline neofite

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 07:34:35 PM »
Speaking of launches.   The one in Ocean View (the "park" near little creek inlet, just off shore drive) is a decent launch, but every time I have been, I always expect my car to be on blocks when I get back at dawn.    Easy access to Little Creek harbor and the jetties on the Bay, but very dodgy neighborhood.   

Offline bluefish1928

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 07:28:46 PM »
I am interested. I just PM'ed you before seeing this post/this entire forum
Proudly Serving in the US Navy since 2012

* Recent Posts

What is going on? by neofite
[Yesterday at 09:55:52 PM]

Re: Fresh Water Fishing Tournament April 27 by sb220
[December 12, 2018, 08:54:00 PM]

Re: Fresh Water Fishing Tournament April 27 by neofite
[December 11, 2018, 10:15:28 PM]

Fresh Water Fishing Tournament April 27 by Rc109a
[December 11, 2018, 02:02:08 PM]

Fishing CBBT alone for togs. Dec 5, 2018 for tog by ComeOnFish
[December 10, 2018, 11:14:00 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.