Author Topic: Not Related to Kayaking - for Hiking Enthusiasts  (Read 64 times)

Offline justaguppy

• Paid Member
Not Related to Kayaking - for Hiking Enthusiasts
« on: July 13, 2019, 09:00:31 PM »
Hiked OLD RAG Mountain out in the Shenandoah National Park with my son on Friday and if you are into hiking at all...THIS IS A MUST!!  Super challenging but doable.  7.5 hours for 8.7 miles (4-hrs climbing & 1-hr for lunch) with what they call a "Rock Scramble" which is basically a climb described on their site: "For the next mile and a half you will climb, slide, shimmy, and crawl your way across and around giant granite boulders." ACCURATE! And definitely rewarding.  Beautiful scenery and nature everywhere.  AMAZING HIKE!

Oh yeah...they said the bears were active!

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
Re: Not Related to Kayaking - for Hiking Enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:24:09 PM »
AWESOME!!!   Back in the early 90's I used to go there often.  One of the few 360 degree mountain top views in the Shenandoah.   The main trail is a challenge, but the very long "fire road" is an alternate route.    Bears are always great to see.    Sounds awesome!

Offline Frankie J

• Paid Member
Re: Not Related to Kayaking - for Hiking Enthusiasts
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 01:33:47 PM »
Thatís so cool! Back in the day I used to go often. My in-laws live in the valley. As of late, Iíve been hitting the trails near Edinburg. The native Brook trout there are quite a challenge. Thanks for sharing Jacob!
Frank James

I've managed to convince my wife that somewhere in the Bible it says, 'Man cannot have too many shotguns and fishing poles.' - Norman Schwarzkopf

* Recent Posts

Re: Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by splatter96
[Yesterday at 07:45:25 PM]

Re: Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by neofite
[Yesterday at 05:28:31 PM]

Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by splatter96
[Yesterday at 10:35:10 AM]

Re: Two fer by splatter96
[Yesterday at 10:33:50 AM]

Re: Wilderness systems thresher 140. 800$ by harmonja12
[Yesterday at 09:06:21 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.