Author Topic: Epic 24hr Hatteras Surf Fishing trip-Big Reds  (Read 297 times)

Offline justaguppy

• Paid Member
Epic 24hr Hatteras Surf Fishing trip-Big Reds
« on: April 15, 2019, 06:48:46 AM »
Hey everyone - Jacob here.  Just wanted to share this picture and story of a 42" Drum I caught Friday just before sunset.  South side of the Point, 30 or so fishermen, wind blowing in our faces at 20 knots or so, and I was all the way on the right near a closure (for nesting birds).  Brought her in fairly close and she took a turn to the left (this is normal for those that know but the first time for me).  I got to walk under everyone's rods as they were fishing, almost all the way to the Point (100 yards) where I beached her.  Not my first citation Drum but this is the catch I've been dreaming about for many years.  A kind assist with measurement and photos and I released her successfully in the calmer water on the north side.  Amazingly, the Drum bite continued all through the night and was still going on when I left Sat. at noon.  I saw at least 50 Drum caught - most of them biggies.  I was also lucky enough to catch a 26" puppy drum and several 20" class bluefish and saw many, many of those caught also. 

Catch them or not, Cape Point is my favorite place on earth.  So lucky to be there when the bite was really on.  Bucket list checked!

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
Re: Epic 24hr Hatteras Surf Fishing trip-Big Reds
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 09:07:09 AM »
Nice one!!!   Now, head to the refuge in Late Sep/Early Oct and get a "real" VA citation!

Offline Frankie J

• Paid Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »
Great job Jacob!!!
Frank James

I've managed to convince my wife that somewhere in the Bible it says, 'Man cannot have too many shotguns and fishing poles.' - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Gatman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 10:20:30 PM »
Wow! Awesome man!
Qapla'!
Hobie PA 12' | 2x Hobie OutBack | Hobie Island Adventure |Ocean Kayak Malibu 2XL |Clear Blue Hawaii Hanauma II

* Recent Posts

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by Bill Hutt
[Today at 10:37:54 AM]

Old town predator pdl by Mastayates
[Yesterday at 03:09:39 PM]

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by neofite
[Yesterday at 11:02:04 AM]

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by fyryaker
[Yesterday at 08:07:49 AM]

Snap Crackle Pop by neofite
[June 17, 2019, 09:23:24 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.