Author Topic: Knotts Island Marsh causeway  (Read 383 times)

Offline malibuman

Knotts Island Marsh causeway
« on: May 16, 2019, 08:53:10 AM »
Anybody ever fished the cut on either end of the marsh causeway going to knotts island?  Wondering what type of fish it might hold -flounder, reds, bass, striper?

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
Re: Knotts Island Marsh causeway
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »
yes to all those species.  Some people call it Corey's Ditch.  Have heard good things, but only tried from the bank once.  Parking is an issue. 

Mackay Island has some great fishing and launch points along the roads.  Haven't been in a few years as I don't want to buy a NC license. 

Offline malibuman

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 09:23:06 AM »
Thanks - may give it a shot.  I hear the pond Mackay Island is good but lots of snakes.

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 10:06:17 AM »
Yes, many, many snakes. 

http://vbfishguide.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2017-06-21T18:26:00-04:00&max-results=7

The link is to Charlie's blog.   Page two, 27 March 2017 Mackay Island trip.   There should be more older posts with even more information.  used to follow him religiously, but he doesn't post anymore.

Offline Flatwater

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 12:42:35 PM »
Just past the bridge is a Charles Krult, parking area where I launch from.  This entire area is so full of large bass, seems best on a West wind when it is rough.  But it is only 3 ft deep.  The ditch is also full of crabs which steal bait,  tons of white perch sometimes.  Catfishing is great for shore fisherman. 

Offline fyryaker

• Paid Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 12:52:16 PM »
Yes, I learned a lot of things about freshwater fishing in the Va. Bch. area from Charlie. I think I've watched all his videos. Actually met him several times out on the water and he's a very nice individual. He would also answer any questions I had about fishing. I believe he pretty much gave up kayak fishing because of age. Think he's in the low 70's. Now, I know he travels and has a photography hobby. I've seen some of his remarkable wildlife pictures. Sadly, I really miss his reports and the jealousy I had of his multi-fish days with some really big Bass. lol! The guy was good!

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 01:22:07 PM »
Yes, I learned a lot of things about freshwater fishing in the Va. Bch. area from Charlie. I think I've watched all his videos. Actually met him several times out on the water and he's a very nice individual. He would also answer any questions I had about fishing. I believe he pretty much gave up kayak fishing because of age. Think he's in the low 70's. Now, I know he travels and has a photography hobby. I've seen some of his remarkable wildlife pictures. Sadly, I really miss his reports and the jealousy I had of his multi-fish days with some really big Bass. lol! The guy was good!

"taught" me almost everything I know since I got my yak in 2014.  Met him several times and shared a bunch of e-mails.   Real salt of the earth and a master fisherman.   

Offline Frankie J

• Paid Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 05:17:42 PM »
Charlie, now is an official bird watcher and now takes pics of birds on his trips. Sad to, I've always enjoyed following him and talking with him on the water.
Frank James

I've managed to convince my wife that somewhere in the Bible it says, 'Man cannot have too many shotguns and fishing poles.' - Norman Schwarzkopf

* Recent Posts

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by Bill Hutt
[Today at 10:37:54 AM]

Old town predator pdl by Mastayates
[Yesterday at 03:09:39 PM]

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by neofite
[Yesterday at 11:02:04 AM]

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by fyryaker
[Yesterday at 08:07:49 AM]

Snap Crackle Pop by neofite
[June 17, 2019, 09:23:24 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.