Author Topic: flounder  (Read 741 times)

Offline Dale3joe

flounder
« on: May 30, 2019, 03:34:31 PM »
I have been fishing only rudee only catching undersized flounder so far. Any body doing any good in lynnhaven. Havent seen no reports no where.

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
Re: flounder
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 04:51:48 PM »
There are keepers in Rudee, but ya gotta get through too many shorts (4 keepers out of about 30 so far.)     I don't like Lynnhaven, but I spoke with a fella that said they are there.  In my limited experience (4 or 5 trips), I've never found any.

A reliable source said if finding small ones, move to another spot.  He says the same thing about Specks.  Kinda like they hang together by size (age) groups.   Not sure, but has been playing out in my experience. 

Offline Gatman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 06:15:00 PM »
Same as Neo, you got to work for them weed through the babies. Rudee has a lot of them and tons of crabs ....gulp tail stealing little bastards... Lynnhaven and Hrbt was about the same for me.  Couple of the other places I went didn't have much of anything..
Qapla'!
Hobie PA 12' | 2x Hobie OutBack | Hobie Island Adventure |Ocean Kayak Malibu 2XL |Clear Blue Hawaii Hanauma II

Offline Alex Tan

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 09:16:30 PM »
Went to lynnhaven today. Caught one keeper (17 inches) in the morning and a little one around noon. Slow day
Jackson Kayak Cuda 14

Offline FlyingAnchor

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »
I second the statements about if youíre getting covered up shorts, move. Itís tough to leave fish to find fish, but flounder absolutely gather by size. I have heard of some very decent fish being caught, but you have to nail the tides, current, and spot

Offline JamminJoeyB

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 10:24:02 PM »
I went to the artificial reef on Sunday and caught a keeper there, but dam the croaker were just brutal and I was using a 1 oz buck tail in hopes of avoiding them.  I was hoping to find a whole school of the larger ones out there.

* Recent Posts

Re: Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by splatter96
[Yesterday at 07:45:25 PM]

Re: Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by neofite
[Yesterday at 05:28:31 PM]

Not 🌮Tuesday just hot Tuesday by splatter96
[Yesterday at 10:35:10 AM]

Re: Two fer by splatter96
[Yesterday at 10:33:50 AM]

Re: Wilderness systems thresher 140. 800$ by harmonja12
[Yesterday at 09:06:21 AM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.