Author Topic: Safety_General  (Read 82 times)

Offline CaptCaveman

• Bad day fishing is better then a good day at work
Safety_General
« on: June 01, 2019, 06:26:57 PM »
So just thought this was a fun story and it does touch safety. So I have been having a great fishing week. Long story short, I was at Lake Whitehurst today. Early on rain and lightening did not put out. waited till it cleared up. first spot nothing after a while I moved onto a hot spot for Crappie caught a bunch of them, including 10.75" 10.5" 9" and a 14" after they slowed down and I was wishing I had used sun screen I head back to the dock. This is the safety part well I suppose the sun screen,and lightening  qualified for that too.

Anyways Got off the kayak and was maneuvering to get it out of the water stepped off the ramp onto the un-even and very slippery rocks,  I was still in my float coat so there is that, also the cool water felt really good on the sun burn. I suppose it looked hilarious and would of made a good youtube clip but I enjoyed it actually and was laughing. The people around the dock loading their boat and doing whatever either did notice or whatever but I thought I would have at least heard them laugh. May be they thought I would be offended. After a day of good fishing like that I could have spilled my coffee and still been in good cheer. 

So if you are at that lake or any with that configuration be careful around the rocks near the ramp they are slippery when wet   
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 09:00:24 PM by CaptCaveman »
A little fishing goes a long way ;P 2009 WS RIDE 135

Offline neofite

• Paid Member
Re: Saftey_General
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 06:33:09 PM »
Sounds like a good day!   Of my four "wettings", three of them were on recovery or launch:  missteps.   

I always have a Hoo Rag and ball cap in my blackpack (and I always wear long sleeve and pants), but I have launched a few times with complete cloud cover and left the sunglasses in the car only to regret it!

Offline fyryaker

• Paid Member
Re: Saftey_General
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 07:42:26 PM »
Yeah, funny how I never remember my sunglasses 8) when I launch at sunrise. So, I carry a spare in my dry bag.
I watched a middle aged man getting out of his Yak at Rudee one morning. He did the total slip, fall backwards, on his back, totally wet. I never said a word, and he didn't look at me! He got up and was fine. But, it was hard not to laugh! ;D

* Recent Posts

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by Bill Hutt
[Today at 10:37:54 AM]

Old town predator pdl by Mastayates
[Yesterday at 03:09:39 PM]

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by neofite
[Yesterday at 11:02:04 AM]

Re: Snap Crackle Pop by fyryaker
[Yesterday at 08:07:49 AM]

Snap Crackle Pop by neofite
[June 17, 2019, 09:23:24 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.