Author Topic: Good news for Lynnhaven  (Read 4204 times)

Offline fshn_brb

• Administrator
Good news for Lynnhaven
« on: June 22, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »
I spoke with some folks who work for VA Beach P&R at Crab Creek the other day.  They filled me in on what the officials were doing down around the kayak launch that morning.  From what I was told, they are spending ~$100,000 to improve the Kayak and Canoe launch area.  The plans are to put in a concrete bulk head to protect the launch area, install a kayak/canoe rolling slide for launching and increase the handicap accessibility of the area.  Furthermore, he stated that they are going to be enforcing parking for kayak and canoe launching only in that parking area.  My understanding is that it will be lot attended.  Also once the bridge construction is complete, they will be leveraging part of the dredge pile (the big mound of sand behind the trailers right now) as over flow parking for the entire lot.   He said that they hope to do the kayak and canoe area beginning in July. 

On a related note, they said that they are still planning the kayak launch at Pleasure House Point.  The issue they have is that the launch is far away from the parking and you would have to portage your kayak from parking to the launch and they are looking at options to mitigate this. 

Just wanted to pass along the info I got. 
TKAA President 2017
Wilderness Systems Ride135
Wilderness Systems Commander 120

Offline Spikex

• Paid Member
  • I have no idea what im doing here.
    • Spikex's Blog
Re: Good news for Lynnhaven
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 02:43:33 PM »
Sounds awesome! I wish they would put an attendant at rudee too, for lynnhaven half the people who park in the kayak parking are not kayaking theyre going across the road to the beach.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:43:50 PM by Spikex »
Thanks in advance. Phil. |
Ocean Kayak Trident 13-Tan
Hurricane Phoenix 120-Orange/White
US Navy Active Duty
http://spikexphil.blogspot.com/

Offline JamminJoeyB

Re: Good news for Lynnhaven
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »
Anybody know if this is still happening?

* Recent Posts

Re: Chartreuse - It's What's for Lunch by neofite
[Today at 08:21:45 AM]

Re: Gorgeous evening by drew
[Today at 07:37:34 AM]

Chartreuse - It's What's for Lunch by Dale
[Yesterday at 10:13:41 PM]

Re: Gorgeous evening by Dale
[Yesterday at 09:50:26 PM]

Re: New Member Intro (Gloucester Area) by neofite
[Yesterday at 05:51:56 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.