Author Topic: Thank you to everyone who participated  (Read 20330 times)

Offline fshn_brb

• Administrator
Thank you to everyone who participated
« on: September 27, 2015, 08:36:33 AM »
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who participated and volunteered at the tournament this year.  While I know that everyone came in hopes of posting up winning fish and some where disappointed that the weather prevented such activities, the tournament was still a great event. The decision to cancel fishing was not one that was taken lightly. We had the tournament committee deliberating for a couple of hours on Friday afternoon to come to a group decision on what was in the best interest of everyone participating and it was a tough call to make. However, the safety of everyone participating was the ultimate driver of the decision. On top of that making it a fair decision across the board was critical.

In light of that my personal belief is that we, as a committee, made the right call. All it would have taken is one person getting in trouble on the water to completely tarnish the good times everyone had. 

I want to thank everyone who approached the members of the Board of Directors, Tournament Committte, and Officers of TKAA to show their support for the hard decision that we had to make. I hope that everyone enjoyed the other activities that were put forth. I know two of the highlights for me were the casting competitions as well as the panel discussion. The panel discussion was fun to moderate but it was really great to hear from some of the seasoned anglers and get their perspective and stories.  From that I laughed a lot and learned a lot. Now I know why Drew doesn't have a bow mounted GoPro and that Kevin likes to catch redfish. ;).

The raffle was stellar this year with possibly more tickets sold than ever before and everyone walking away with some form of raffle prize. We can't do this without our sponsors and in making the decision to cancel fishing we discussed the idea with all of our major sponsors before the captains meeting as it changes how their donations were used. Their resounding support was amazing and it speaks volumes to how they operate and support our community. Many thanks go out to them and I hope everyone remembers this when they look to purchase their next product.

Finally, the big winner this year and every year is Heroes on the Water and Project Healing Waters!  The work they do with wounded vets is amazing. I think just from the few minutes we heard John and Kendall talk, you can see how these groups help our men and women who dedicate heir lives so we can enjoy the freedom this great country affords us. Please take some time to read up on what they do (if you are not familiar) and consider donating some time to help out these amazing organization.

Again, thank you to everyone who supported the tournament this year!  It was a great weekend and personally I can't wait for next year! 
TKAA President 2017
Wilderness Systems Ride135
Wilderness Systems Commander 120

Offline Spikex

• Paid Member
  • I have no idea what im doing here.
    • Spikex's Blog
Re: Thank you to everyone who participated
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »
Well said Thom!
Thanks in advance. Phil. |
Ocean Kayak Trident 13-Tan
Hurricane Phoenix 120-Orange/White
US Navy Active Duty
http://spikexphil.blogspot.com/

Offline mebe007

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 10:34:48 AM »
It was an awesome time still. Great people, great food, great prizes. One things for certain, we can't let spike pull raffle cards anymore, lol jk. You guys made a tough call but in everyone's best interest it was the right call. Even the long distance travelers seemed to back the decision. Some say we are crazy to be out in the little plastic boats, but in my opinion we are extremely intelligent anglers. We know our imits and this was most certainly one of them... in the interest of safety.

Thanks guys,
           Mark

P.s. forgot to buy one of those cool poly long sleeve shirts.... kicks head
Native Slayer Propel 13
2014 Hobie Revo 13
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14
Emotion Grand Slam 14

Offline fshn_brb

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 10:54:08 AM »
We will have some at future events.
TKAA President 2017
Wilderness Systems Ride135
Wilderness Systems Commander 120

Offline mikecav

• Get Some!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 03:01:24 PM »
We will have some at future events.

I like the sound of that (future events).  Looking forward to whenever our next get together will be.  Another group outing again would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:29:50 AM by mikecav »
2017 Hobie Outback

Offline Rc109a

• TKAA BOARD STAFF
  • Do stupid things, win stupid prizes...
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 08:29:57 AM »
Good job, now fix the counter! ;D
TKAA Membership

* Recent Posts

Re: Early bird bite by neofite
[Yesterday at 09:30:51 PM]

Early bird bite by splatter96
[Yesterday at 08:44:06 PM]

Re: Day late.... by GlendaKD
[Yesterday at 04:27:17 PM]

Re: Length restrictions by Rc109a
[Yesterday at 04:07:59 PM]

Day late.... by neofite
[Yesterday at 02:50:02 PM]

Recent Images

No attachments were found.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?